Sunday, March 2, 2008

Running and Push-ups

I really don't enjoy running. I've never enjoyed it, and I don't think I ever will. In my mind, it pales in comparison to the pain and joy brought during Crossfit.

Despite this, I decided to go for a short (15-20min) jog today. This decision was brought about by a combination of the nice weather, and the horribly non-zone dinner and dessert from last night. (Is it my imagination, or are these pants slightly tighter?) Also - I must give props to Keturah for planting the idea in my head - I probably won't be joining in on the "fun" of runs Tues/Thurs, but I may jog on my own on the occasional Sunday.

Anyway - besides the one recent circuit, I haven't ran in months. I must say, I was presently surprised at how my running was today. Either my endurance has greatly improved, or my tolerance for intensity has gone up - because I was able to run for much longer stretches of time than the last time I jogged around my neighborhood. I love being able to FEEL how Crossfit has improved my body.

Also - just hit a PR of 10 push-ups in a row! Last time I did full push-ups, I only made it to 4!

1 comment:

Jerry Hill said...

Alright Cara!!

Pushups and running?

You are on Fire!