Friday, September 5, 2008

What a great way to start the day!

I must say, after yesterday and having to leave after only 1 row, I was quite reluctant to come into CrossFit today.

As I walked up the stairs, I started to pass a woman who I assumed was leaving from the 6am class, and smiled in greeting. She stopped me and asked me my name, and then told me that my before and after pictures were one of the reasons she had made it in to CF that morning.

Now - I was half awake, and I'm not even sure if I got her name - but WOW that was/is cool! Sometimes all it takes is a little extra push to help someone along, and I am honored that I was able to be that push! Keep in mind - although Crossfit played a HUGE role in the change, it was also a change in my diet that did it. You need both!

If you read this - say Hi - and tell me your name, I promise I won't forget it!

PS - A shout out to Matt for helping me finish off the burpees!

5 comments:

Adam said...

Gotta love that feeling, congrats again on the metamorphosis into the new Cara!

Cara said...

Thank you!!

Matt Komar said...

No problem with the help on the burpees. I find it is easier to finish a workout with someone, especially when there are 70 burpees involved.

Katie said...

Awwww... no one's recognized me in public.... I'm jealous! :P

Either way, it's still cool.. you have changed a lot!

Anonymous said...

Cara,
It was me and it was my first day at Crossfit. Sorry that has taken so long to own up to it.... blogging really doesn't fit into my busy life... hence Crossfit.

Jerry's gotten a lot of good (bad)before pictures of me this month. Hopefully I will be enjoying my anniversary pictures soon

Have a great trip to Europe...
Christine who doesn't know much about blogging, so this will show as anonymous