Sunday, December 30, 2007

Entering the Zone...

Well - I'm jumping on the bandwagon and am going to start up the Zone on New Years Day. This morning I tried out a 4 block breakfast (normally will be doing 3 blocks, but I knew I wouldn't be eating again until around 2) - it was "eh", but it filled me up. Pancakes made with cottage cheese, eggs, oats, and peanut butter.

I have several meals plans out already and plan to do a whole lot of cooking on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to trying a Zoned Chili:

2 cups chopped onions (2C)
2 cloves chopped garlic (will probably substitute garlic powder)
2 2/3 teaspoon olive oil (8F)
8oz thin sliced lean turkey (8p)
3/4cup canned kidney beans (3C)
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (1.5C)
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (1.5 C)
1/2 cup water
2-6 TBSP Chili Powder

This makes for 2 4-block meals. Since I'm doing 3 blocks though, I may modify it to make 3 3-block meals.

I'm all about cooking things ahead of time that I can just take and reheat. Also plan on making a 1-2 block egg concoction in muffin plans, and a 1-block peanut butter cup snack. Oh - also bagging up several 3 blocks worth of fruit and freezing them, to add to smoothies with protein powder and peanut butter. I'm kind of lazy when it comes to food, so making meals ahead is the only way I'm going to be able to stick to the Zone!

Um - yeah - since I'm supposed to be posting about Crossfit, not the Zone, I just wanted to say that I really missed the class during our week off - and I was really excited to get back in the swing of things Thursday and Friday! I second Adrienne in loving what an amazing crew we have. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, where I'm going to attempt a 200lb deadlift - which has been my goal to do before 2008! I haven't deadlifted in a couple of weeks, and we had a week off - so I hope I have the strength for it! Wish me luck!

No comments: